Worldwide Conference Travel Plans
Have you made your travel plans for Worldwide Conference yet?
It is about that time, Conference is only 4 months away! Below are some travel tidbits that may help as you consider your travels.
Can I drive and park a car at Ridgecrest Conference Center?
Yes indeed, there is plenty of free parking at the conference center.
When should I arrive?
Worldwide Conference kicks off with a session at 8:00pm on Sunday night (August 5th). So please try to be there before 8pm. You may check into your room after 4pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm (included with your conference fee).
When should I plan to depart?
You will check out of your room by 10am on the morning of Saturday, August 11th. If flying be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get to your airport and get through screening/TSA.
Which airport should I use?
There are several good options:
- Asheville (AVL) is the airport I recommend, it is certainly the closest to Ridgecrest Conference Center. It is only about a 20 minute drive from the conference center. If you can find flights to AVL from your location, I strongly recommend doing so. While there are not a ton of flight options and it may be more expensive, you will save money on your shuttle ride to the conference center.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is the biggest of the close airports. If you are flying from an international location or even coming from the west coast like me, this may be the most reasonable airport to fly into. It is about a 2 hour drive from CLT to Ridgecrest Conference Center.
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) is also a nice option. It is a bit closer than CLT, only about a 90 minute drive and it is a simple airport to navigate
How do I get from the airport to the Ridgecrest Conference Center?
- If flying into GSP you will need to rent a car.
- If flying into AVL, you have two options: 1) we will have a some shuttle options for a small fee ($12 per person each way or round trip for $20), or 2) rent a car.
- If flying into CLT you have two options: 1) Rent a car, or 2) Take our charter bus at $50 per person each way.
If coming into CLT, renting a car will likely be your most economical transfer. This is especially true if you are traveling with family or can coordinate your flights with teammates/friends to allow for a carpool.
If you plan to use our shuttle from AVL or CLT you need to register before May 1st using the links below.
Please note that there is only one bus/shuttle traveling from CLT and it leaves at 4pm on Sunday, August 5th. The return trip departs from Ridgecrest at 8am on Saturday, August 11th and should have you to the CLT airport by 10:30am.
- Register for the Asheville Airport (AVL) Shuttle
- Register for the Charlotte (CLT) Shuttle
What is the address for Ridgecrest Conference Center?
1 Ridgecrest Dr., Ridgecrest, NC 28770
This info and more is available on the Ridgecrest 2018 website.
Sure hope this was helpful! Blessings,